Click here for Wowhead's complete in-depth Challenge Mode Guide.
Gate of the Setting Sun
Medium melee damage, medium skill damage, low risk of death.
Pretty much the same from heroic, Mantid Munition Explosion will be the only threat.
Medium-high melee damage, high skill damage, medium chance of death.
Very different from heroic, Strafing Run (don't stand on it), Prey Time (heal the target) , Acid Bomb (don't stand on it), 2 adds are summoned and can be killed.
Medium melee damage, very high skill damage, low chance of death.
This boss is VERY simple, DPS/heal stand and burn/heal, tank moves so he clear his own stacks and aggro adds. Don't stand on green ground, it decreases YOUR damage DONE by 100% at 5 stacks. (my previous information was wrong)
Gold Tip: The boss cleave damage anything (even his "friends"), you can pull trash to be killed by it (assuming you can survive the damage), for maximum damage don't drop his stacks.
Very different from normal, Protectorate will one shot anyone at low health, Engulfing Winds (don't stand on them) and Screeching Swarm (make sure you either dispel or heal it). Weak point have almost double health from heroic, try rotating the damage cooldowns to minimize lost time (only 2 can DPS the weak point, everyone can DPS his body when broken). After dropping his armor just don't try to tank him, unless you are the tank.
1. Chain pull up to the stairs to the boss (use defensive cooldowns).
2. BL and kill the boss (avoid getting hit by 2 bombs).
3. Stack on smoke bomb and interrupt Wind Shaper.
4. Stack on smoke bomb, make sure your tank turn Rager away from other players, interrupt both Wind Shapers.
5. Hard CC both Ragers and kill Wind Shaper.
6. Use the elevator to reset both Ragers and send him down before engaging the boss.
7. Kill the boss being carefully with Fire and Prey time targets (healer needs to be ready).
8. One player (the fastest) go light the fire, 2 click on the cannons to clear fliers, light the fire once all are cleared (I would recommend using some addon to skip the cinematic, DBM works great).
9. You can either chain pull both packs or cleave the second with the boss (always interrupt Wind Shaper).
10. Kill the boss, ignore all adds (just make sure they are hitting the tank), position them in front of the boss so he will kill all of them (trash takes about 2-3 cleaves).
11. Skip both Ragers again (CC help).
12. Set people to jump and DPS the weak point (2) and someone to stay down and deal with adds. Don't tank Protectorate at low health, heal people with the debuff and kill some Engulfers if free. You may OPT to use BL on Weak Point or Raigonn.
13. Once his weak point breaks, just don't try to tank him as a DPS and kill him.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum